ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another week down....

I just realized I hadn't posted in over a week. Has nothing happened? Au Contrare! It has just been a busy week.
I got Lauren re-enrolled in gymnastics this week. She had really missed it so I'm glad we got her started again. She informed me that she like gymnastics more than soccer. I'm not surprised. She doesn't really even pretend to like soccer. She likes playing at home with Ethan but not so much with the kids her age. I am beginning to think that Ethan is her security blanket. She is really clingy when I drop her off at preschool, she is clingy when I drop her off at Awana, and she's kind of clingy at her soccer practice. But when she's going somewhere with Ethan she acts like she can conquer the world. Those two are a potentially dangerous combination. LOL
Ethan had a great week at school. He stayed out of the "pits" this week. His school work is showoing a lot of improvement too. He is printing neatly, coloring neatly, and just showing a lot more maturity. It's exciting to watch him be excited about learning. He is also excited about Awana. It's such a blessing to hear him talk about the Lord and ask me to read the Bible to him. He may end up being a preacher. After all, he did tell Lauren that she needed Jesus in her heart. He told her he had Jesus in his heart and that she wouldn't act like she did if she had Jesus in her heart. Then he added "but you have the devil in your heart Lauren." So funny!
Steve and I went to the MU/WVU game Friday night. It was a really good game. I thought we were going to win but it just slipped away right at the end. It was good spending the evening with friends though even if all of us weren't rooting for the same team (Rod).
I had my thyroid biopsied on Wednesday. I have a 3.29 cm. nodule on the left and several small ones on the right. I should hear about the pathology this week. I go to see Dr. Roa on the 21st and he pretty much told me that if the nodule was greater than 3 cm., I would need a thyroidectomy, regardless of pathology. Not really looking forward to that! But, I'll do whatever I need to do. He also said I had a bad sinus infection and gave me some meds. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I started feeling better with the medicine. Crazy!
Well this upcoming week looks just as busy as last week. Hopefully I'll posted again in a few days.
Shari

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy your schedule right now. I remember when my kids were young, trying to get everyone where they need to be when they need to be. My life has completely turned around from those days. I find myself at home in the evening alone, wondering when it got so quiet in my house. I do enjoy the quiet, it just takes a lot of getting used to.

    ReplyDelete