ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Friday, October 8, 2010

Where do I start?

Well it's been a long time since I blogged and so much has gone on I"m not sure I know where to start.
I guess the biggest thing that has happened is my surgery last week on my thyroid.
I had a two inch mass on the left lobe of my thyroid. I underwent a partial thyroidectomy and the mass was benign. Thank the Lord! I had to spend 2 nights in the hospital because I drained a lot from the hemovac that was left in post-op.
The first night was interesting to say the least. I was placed in a semi-private room with an older lady who had COPD and kept her TV on all night. The TV would not have bothered me if she had better taste in programming. However as soon as I was moved out of PACU and put in my room, I was faced with Jerry Springer, followed by Judge Judy. It was nightmarish.
The only other complaint I had about my stay was the food. I eat St. Marriott cuisine every day of my life and think it's tolerable, even good some days. This is not the case when it comes to patient trays. I was brought the same lunch both days. Diced chicken with gravy on top. Now I know I had my throat cut open but please....diced chicken? It reminded me of the time I tried introducing chicken flavored baby food to Ethan. Lots of gagging and tears. Needless to say I sent Steve to Arbys for roast beef.
The kids had a hard time with me being in the hospital-Ethan more so than Lauren. However for probably the first 3 days I was home Lauren asked me at least hourly to "see my cut neck". She wanted to see if it was getting any better.
Lauren got her first kiss at school this week. Unlike Ethan who collected kisses from girls in preschool, Lauren was kissed by a Llama at Heritage Farm. She just giggles about, didn't bother that girl a bit! She also likes to show us how she milked a cow and gathered eggs from the chickens. She had a really good time. Hopefully she will remember her experience.
Steve has had pneumonia all this week. He started coughing on Sunday. By Monday I was ducking everytime he coughed because I was afraid a piece of lung was going to come flying across the room. He's doing a little bit better today (FINALLY- it's Friday!) so we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll be back to work next week.
Ethan is still enjoying school and enjoying life. He's been a good boy this week and has been real protective of "his best momma".
Until next time...remember this wisdom I borrowed from a friend. Don't take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive!

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment