ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Miscellaneous

I really don't think I have a lot to say but it's been so long since I've blogged that I'm kinda embarrassed. Especially since my friend Miranda designed this awesome layout for me and I haven't even used it.
We are all doing pretty well despite a rough start to 2011. Steve rang in the new year from his hospital bed @ St Mary's. A few days later all our money was stolen when someone hacked into our bank account. Since then, things have been relatively calm.
The kids are up to their usual mayhem. Ethan is over half way through kindergarten. So hard to believe. What's even more unbelievable is the stuff they learn in kindergarten these days. I should have started teaching him to read @ birth. And here I thought all that Baby Einstein stuff was crap. I guess just because I couldn't understand the black screen with the ball rolling around it didn't mean the kids wouldn't.
Lauren is learning high frequency words along with Ethan. I thought I'd save myself the trouble later. Anyway, the other day Ethan had the word "but". Lauren says "OHHH.. that's a bad word." So a few minutes later when I showed her the card "but" she straightened her shoulders and very politely said "bottom". Gotta love that girl!
Lauren is up to her usual shenanigans. Today's trick was doing the laundry all by herself. She kept saying she had done the laundry all by herself and when I went to find my jeans, I realized she was telling the truth! She had put a whole basket of clean laundry in the washer and ran the cycle. All my stuff was soaking wet. I had to wear exercise-type stretch pants to her field trip today. Luckily she's too young to be embarassed.
The preschool went to Rome Vol. Fire Department today. It was very educational. Lauren now knows to call "991" in an emergency....I guess we're up a creek if it's up to her to call for help! I should have known she wasn't interested because she yawned through the entire presentation and wouldn't take the sticker that said she'd been to the fire station.
Lots of laughs as always!
Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment