ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Here we are on our third week of school...new routines, new sports, new friends...it's all going pretty smoothly. Lauren started Kindergarten. Her teacher is Mrs. Flynn, one of our favorites. Mrs. Flynn told me last night at PTO that Lauren is doing great and is very bright. They just had to come to terms that things were going to be on Mrs. Flynn's terms...not Lauren's. Hmm...I've heard this before...LOL. Lauren loves everything about school, including riding the school bus. Her bus had an incident the other day before my kids got on. As a result, a parent went to jail. "Angie Dickinson" has been trying to figure out which kid on the bus has a mom in jail. Oh my...when she told me this I thought I'd die. I instructed Ethan to stick by her side and keep her lips sealed. Ethan is doing really well in second grade. He has Mrs. Borstein this year. Mrs. Borstein is expecting her first baby and we are very excited for her. However, I was not too thrilled when Ethan leaned over in church the other night and asked me how babies get out of their mom's bodies. Thankfully it happened there because I was able to say "pay attention to the movie and quit talking!" Hopefully he won't get to thinking about it again. If he does...I'm passing that one to Steve. LOL Both kids are playing soccer. Lauren is really aggressive which surprised me. The last time she played soccer she strolled around and wouldn't even kick the ball. She has become a real go-getter. Ethan likes playing goalie. He does a good job defending the goal. Ethan is also doing boy scouts again this year. The first meeting was last night and they kicked off popcorn sales. This evening he asked to go next door and try to sell some popcorn. I checked on him a couple of times but an hour later I had to get in the car and go find him. He managed to make his way all the way down Williams street. When I found him he was talking to some man that was trying to cut his grass about buying popcorn. He will probably be selling Kirby vacuum cleaners by the time he gets to high school.
Lots of things are changing around here. First of all, we have added to the family. That's right...we got a dog. Tucker Wiley came into our family two weeks ago. He is a very sweet lab mix puppy. He's about 7 or 8 weeks old and he is Ethan's best buddy. Lauren says she loves him but she won't touch him. She also wears her boots when he's untied to protect herself from doggy scratches and "bites". Hopefully she'll be ready to shed the boots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment