ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Totally Random

I returned to work today after a 3 day weekend. I felt great this morning, totally rested, and ready to face the week. I even felt energetic throughout the workday. But now, it's 9:22 p.m. and I am ready to literally CRAWL to the bed.
Let's see...Ethan came home with ear pain. He had a fever last night but no other complaints. Today, the rotten ears started again. I came home from work and whisked him off to NowCare before anybody else had the chance to get off work and take their kids. We went in and were the second patient to be seen. We were in and out in no time. By the time we left though the waiting room was full. Doctor confirmed bilateral ear infections. Off to Target to fill prescription. Meanwhile Tylenol has kicked in and he is skipping across the parking lot like he doesn't have a care in the world.
Trip to Target was a little prolonged because he had to look at every item in the toy section. He reminds me of my Grandma Conn. I used to want to lay down in the floor of the grocery store when we took her shopping. She used to examine every item on the shelf before she'd make a decision. Managed to make it out of Target with nothing more than paper plates, socks, and antibiotic.
Arrived home to find my mom looking like death warmed over. She also has earache and her ear drum burst on her Sunday night. She didn't muster up the quick recovery Ethan had. She had ear debrided today and seems a little better but not much.
Ethan insists he feels like going to soccer. I give him a dose of medicine and off to soccer we go. He is very energetic at soccer and Lauren even gets her soccerbatics routine worked out. She can spin the soccer ball on her head, tumble over the ball, and try to do a cartwheel. LOL. She declares she wants to be a cheerleader. I think her daddy is seeing his worst nightmare come true. LOL

Soccer pics

We run through McDonalds on the way home for ice cream and chicken sandwiches. Not the most nutritious dinner but it's 90 degrees at 7:15 and everyone has sweated enough to be dehydrated. I think a treat is in order. When we get home we do homework, which requires a couple of phone calls so Ethan can "read" his book to 3 people. I get them showered and in bed by 8:45. I pay a couple of bills online and now I finally have some "me" time. Only I don't feel like doing anything anymore!
Other news: The cat is back. Our next door neighbor says it was in her garage. Her garage was open all day yesterday. I can't imagine that Spook/Perry would just stay over there but whatever. At least he's not roadkill on Route 7. I would hate for Ethan to see him on the side of the road.
I think that's all of today's happenings!
Keep smiling!

Shari


No comments:

Post a Comment